GATE OF WISDOM COLLEGE OF BAGUIO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Situation specific role play model - ASKING FOR DIRECTIONS

Go down

Situation specific role play model - ASKING FOR DIRECTIONS Empty Situation specific role play model - ASKING FOR DIRECTIONS

Post  Admin Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:12 pm

Word guides or PHARASAL VERBS & USEFUL PHRASES you may use if the person asking for direction is walking:
Turn right! / Or Make a right turn! / Make a right! / Take a right!/ Hang a right!
Turn Left! / Or Make a Left turn! / Make a left! / Take a left! / Hang a left!
Go (or walk) down (there) the street and take the (3rd / 4th) right, then walk past the (bank, store, etc) and it will be on your right!
Go straight ahead and…. Or Go along this road…
Go past the store/bank! / Walk past the … / (Lakad ka lang malampasan mo ang) or Pass the…
Go down this road (point to the road), ____, until you come to the (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) intersection, make a right/left turn or cross the street.
(If the street is a long road, you may say) Keep going (or go on or go along) until…
Then go down (or up) that road, or (say) straight up!
Go straight ahead to (Upper Session), stay on the right side of the street, pass so many stores, cross the street (Governor Pack), the Police station is on the corner on your right!
Walk for (number of) blocks
Cross the street…
If you see a (stoplight? Mc.Do? Then…
And as soon as you make turn, the street you’re looking for (Magsaysay) is your first left /right!
(it is good to say the landmark) It is next to (a gasoline station, such and such store or a bank, etc.)
DESCRIBING LOCATION :
It is next to (name of landmard) across from the (another landmark).
Is on the Left side of the street. / Or you will see it on the left side of the street!
(The People’s Park) is on the corner of (Lower Session Rd) and Bonifacio Rd.)
It is in front of (L/M) next to (L/M). (instead of next to… By the or Beside the…)
It is behind the (L/M) next to (L/M).
Between (Chowking) and (Mercury Drugs).
Go down (Session Road), then make a right ON (St), Go up one block, and Make another left, walk pass the (L/M), then that is on your L/R!
MOVEMENT PHRASES:
(1) Until you come to the, (2) for about 4 miles (or 2 hrs), (3) about 4 blocks.

Word guides if the person asking for direction is driving:

Drive down straight ahead and….
Drive down this road (point to the road), ____, until you come to the (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) intersection, make a right/left turn….
Oh it is pretty far! Drive down this road and make a left at the (landmark).
Go down (name) Road for about (km)….
Drive down this road and when youi reach the end of the road make a right….
(If the street is a long road, you may say) Keep driving until…
Then drive down (or up) that road, or (say) straight up for about (km / or hour / minutes)…
Drive for like (number of) blocks
When you see the gasoline station that’s where you may make a U-turn…then keep driving until you see a (landmark) on your right!
If you see a (stoplight? Mc.Do?
And as soon as you make a turn, the street you’re looking for (Magsaysay) is your first left /right!
Turn right! Or Make a right turn!
Turn Left! Or Make a Left turn! And that road will be (Session Rd.).
Make a U-turn…
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://gwcbaguio.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Situation specific role play model - ASKING FOR DIRECTIONS Empty CASUAL TALK ABOUT PERSONAL INFORMATION AND FAMILY

Post  Admin Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:56 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Situation specific role play model - ASKING FOR DIRECTIONS Empty WHAT TO SAY DURING DINNER FELLOWSHIP.

Post  Admin Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:54 pm

Okay guys, it’s about time to eat. So please help me set the table!
Coming!
Oh sure, we’re more than glad to help you!
Oh I can smell how delicious the food you’re cooking hah!
Yes by the smell they say, you can more or less predict if the food is really delicious!
Yes, I agree. But there are always exceptions!
Hey there, where do I get the untensils and the plates?
I keep them inside my refrigerator, please go grab it!
Me, I wanna clean up the table first and put the place mats! Where’s the rag to do it?
Ok guys go ahead, do what you think will help us make things faster. All of us are hungry. Good I’m done!
Wow! Look at that!
Okay guys have a seat now!

Say graces first, (name)!
Sure, let’s bow down to the Lord in prayer.
“Loving Father, thank you so much for this time of fellowship. We give thanks for all the provisions you have given us, We Thank You for the food, Which we are about to partake. We pray for health and strength. WE also ask tat you give continuous blessing to the loving hands that prepared this. And Bless our friends / brethren, And family, Who've come to dine with us today. In Jesus’ Name we pray!”
Amen!

Wow, you cooked this?
Just how did you prepare this special meal?
O come on before we ask for the recipe or anything else, let’s go taste it,I bet everybody’s so tempted to fill our tummy with such dellicious food. I’ll go ahead.
(Bites and tastes the dish) Mmmmm, where in the world did you learn such a recipe.It’s delicious!
Could you please pass the rice.
Oh sorry, sure! Me, may I have the fried chicken please!
Thank you! You’re welcome!
You mean you eat with your left hand? Is your mom left-handed, too?

(Topics that may be discussed while eating)
LONG HOURS OF WORK -
So how’s your day (Name)?
Quite tired, good we have this fellowship time where we may unwind from a long day!
How about you, how was your day?
I slept the whole day cuz you know our schedule.
He is a call center agent, that’s why his day is night, and his night day!
But that’s better than you don’t have work at all! Call centers do give a good salary. However, I guess in every work there must be a sacrifice.
It’s a matter of getting used to it. One has to discipline the kind of food you eat, too! To stay healthy!
You’re so quiet, (Name) what have you been doin’ lately?
He’s a bum, he’s doin’ nothin’! Just, jokin’!
I know!
Seriously, how do you cope up with your partner abroad?
At first, it is really hard.Not when you get adjusted to it! Anyway there is the technology to keep us closer everyday. What is the broadband doin’?
Keep your bill higher every month hahahaha!!!
It’s worth anyway!
THE SERVED FOOD –
Wait, I’ve been wanting to ask how did you marinate your chicken?
Where did you buy the dressing you put on your Caesar’s salad? It tastes first class hah! Who would say, you prepared it? It tasted like a 5-star hotel chef did it!
Come on, just eat. You don’t have to praise me so you can bring some home!
Me, what I love is the taste of your spaghetti, not so sweet, not so sour!
YOU HEALTH –
I just warn you, (Name), you can it all provided you got your medicines with you! Or it’s too late to rush you to the hospital.
Nope, I eat in moderation except in occasions like this. Normally, you don’t find any pork or red meats inside my fridge!
That’s perfect esp. to people like him, when you’re almost up the hill. You should be really cautious of what you eat.
OTHER QUESTIONS –
"How have things been at work since I last saw you?"
"What do you do outside of school/work that keeps you active yet stilll look youner hah!?“
“What particular portion of the message this monring that touched you most?
(Or) Ask your guest (Mom Joan) about-
(1) How do you keep yourself look young? (2) What made you decide to move to a 3rd world country? (3) How did you determine that your moving here is really God’s will for you? (4) What makes you love the Philippines and filipinos, was it because you love the Lord and we made your first visit really touched your heart? Etc.
http://www.ehow.com/video_4754194_questions-keep-conversation-going.html

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Situation specific role play model - ASKING FOR DIRECTIONS Empty Re: Situation specific role play model - ASKING FOR DIRECTIONS

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum